Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gimme my space.

Wouldn't this look great on your chest?
After years of piddling around with different blogs, different feels, different themes, different platforms; here I am.  My new space.  I feel like I just closed on a cute little bungalow in small antiquing town with 1800's hardwood floors and a cast iron tub.  Ohh, that tub - with the painted cast iron, the claw feet and the elongated shape.  Ahhhhhh, bliss.

I suppose you can consider this my Open House!  Welcome! 

I think I may have finally grown into my blogs; or maybe grown out of all the others.  I have found a place of my own - I don't have to Wouldn't this look great on your chest?choose between 'parenting' or 'Southern style' or 'DIY'.  My hashtags can be whatever I want, whatever I feel like talking about today.  Boo-ya.  Take that my blogger past. 

I am Southern, and proud.  I have a bad attachment to the f-word and all of his friends.  I am crafty, like Martha Stewart in hot pink pants and knee-high boots.  I am addicted to Pinterest, I mean, seriously, I have an entire imaginary world on there that I kinda think is real sometimes.  I play the part of wicked step-mother every two weeks.  I love being a wife, maybe its because the new-ness hasn't worn off yet.  I am a creative genius, if I do say so myself.  I design jewelry and tee shirts.  I drink sweet tea and eat fried pickles.  I write so I can breathe.  Seriously, writing is my release, so pardon me if I make you blush.  Oh, and I use the word 'seriously' way too much.  Seriously. 

Welcome to Southern Fried Sweet Tea.   Where the sweet tea flows as much as the sarcastic dialogue.   

2 comments:

  1. A contemporary version of "A Room of One's Own" (V. Woolf). "Gimme my space," I love it! Also, I did not know about pinterest--now I do. thx u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to my place, heather! Oh, and Pinterest, oh it is an evil place that will suck you in and never let you go!!! :)

    ReplyDelete